Friday, May 29, 2009

Pure enjoyment

Wow! Another fantastic day in my world. Temps will reach almost 80 degrees they say. My plans are to get out to the garden again to work. Although, "work" doesn't seem the appropriate word to describe the total sense of well-being I get when communing with nature. Maybe the word(s) to describe what I do in the garden should be "pure enjoyment!"

Some exciting moments are about to happen out there: my oriental poppies are in pod form and about ready to burst open. They are the most amazing bloom I have seen in a gorgeous cool coral/apricot color. My clematis is climbing high on the deck rails and any day now they will be blooming. The first of my bearded iris has bloomed too. Everything seems to be in a getting-ready-to-bloom state. I can relate it to the feeling I get when I am working with fabrics and creating.

I was out taking pictures in the garden yesterday and as soon as I download them I will share them on this blog. Here's one of some ferns with new baby ferns. We have an abundance of ferns here in the NW. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment