Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things in the garden

And, so, yesterday I mentioned the poem by Robert Louis Stephenson and being on 'the path of right'...

After some thought I've decided that maybe being on this right path is what we all think we are on and maybe only when we relax in the place where we are, can see the sweetness of it all. It's not so much about right path as it is about knowing the path is where we are--good or bad--and we must continue on this path no matter where it leads us.

OK now, enough of that... I was going through some pictures I had taken last fall and found a great closeup (in my eyes anyway) of some tiny mushrooms in my back yard. It wasn't until I got a closer look that I found a very tiny slug--Pacific Northwest kind--in the picture too. Part of me was not happy with the boldness of the slug and the other part of me pleased with the picture reminding me that the world is not perfect and neither are my photos. I love being in my garden, taking pictures of my garden and marveling in creation and it's beauty; beauty even in the sleek and slimy little slugs!

To find the cute little slug, look on the green Creeping Jenny plant, to lower right of center.

Ta-ta for now.


1 comment:

  1. Nice picture Mom ! You have to post some pictures of the worms and the juice that they make...

    ReplyDelete