- Painting, printing and dyeing fabrics and threads, to create a portfolio of hand and machine stitched samples and techniques.
- Using embellishments such as beads, sequins, cords, and tassels as applications for art pieces.
- Studying of contemporary and historic artists is undertaken along with study of stitch in different cultures.
- An assessment will include the creation of an innovative stitch book from an original design.
- Learning the creative process of taking a work from design, to sample, to a finished piece, in a logical manner.
It has been very freeing and a pure joy to be able to devote my time to creativity and focus on what I am passionate about. After years of raising our girls amd nurturing my marriage--and everything that encompasses the business of daily life--I finally have time to spend on what I truly enjoy doing; and that is creating art.
I've also had some fun creating fabric portraits of my grandchildren and grandpug. These amazing 8 1/2 x 11 portraits look like black and white photos when they are matted and framed.
I hope to post more pictures in the coming months showing some of my work from the school.
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." --Thomas Merton